Welcome to Honors 9th Literature!
Tuesday, 1/18 -Required Reading Early Turn in opportunity
Friday, 1/21 -Required Reading Due Date
TUESDAY, JAN 4
1. Distribute DGP
2. DGP 16, Parts of Speech
3. Student Info Card
4. Introduce Mini Me assignment - due Friday
5. Review Required Reading assignment & due dates.
6. Introduce course policies & syllabus. Get your syllabus signed ASAP please. Floyd syllabus.doc
7. Vocab books may be purchased beginning tomorrow for $8.
8. Introduce Portfolio assignment Port. Checklist Spring 2011.doc
syllabus received log
HW: get your syllabus signed, bring $8, and work on Mini Me and Required Reading assignments.
WEDNESDAY, JAN 5
1. Collect signed syllabi. Receipt payments for Vocab books.
2. DGP 16, Parts of Sentence, clauses, phrases, and sentence type.
3. 9th Lit Grammar Pretest
4. Intro to Poetry: TP-FASTT with "When I Am Asked" TPFASTT Poetry Analysis.doc
5. Introduce Poetry Out Loud Assignment
HW: Mini Me due Friday. Required Reading.
THURSDAY, JAN 6
1. Collect signed syllabi. Receipt Vocab books.
2. DGP 16, Punctuation & diagram
3. Timed Writing Pre-Assessment
4. TP-FASTT with "Constantly Risking Absurdity"
HW: Mini Me due tomorrow. DGP Quiz tomorrow.
FRIDAY, JAN 7
1. Collect syllabi and receipt vocab books.
2. DGP 16 Quiz
3. Mini Me Personal introductions and partner introductions
HW: Required Reading Assignment
Essential Questions and Standards Addressed:
How can I interact with poetry in order to develop my understanding of sound, figurative language, and form? ELA9RL1.a,b
How can I responsibly present my classmate & myself to the group? ELA9LSV1.c